Yahosh and I (Vanessa) met on August 2007 at church. It was a student congregation at Salt lake Community college, he introduce himself as, "I'm Yahosh, and I play basketball here on campus". I wasn't really impressed but he did catch my eye, we exchanged numbers and went our different ways. I did hear from him a week later, but not again till mid September. We began a friendship that was dear to the both of us. We hung out everyday and loved every minute of it. We shared the same values and our feelings grew beyond friendship. I started to miss him when he was away, for basketball or out with the team.As the end of the school year approaches yahosh got the opportunity to work at Wells Fargo Financial driving an hour and a half everyday and was not seeing much of him. Yahosh had attended a basketball Camp to play overseas, after the camp Yahosh decided maybe its not for him because we were about to start a family and he couldn't travel from camp to camp. One day he got a call from an old coach from SLCC coach beck, and he told him about a position he had opened as an assistant Men's Basketball coach opening. we prayed about it cause we had a great opportunity at Wells Fargo, but after great consideration we both decided on Heading to Scottsbluff, NE where he would coach and also work in housing on campus. we moved to NE June 25Th to start our new life. we love the community and the people we were meeting.
As we were preparing to welcome our child into the world, the doctor advice us that the baby was positioned butt down first due to a genetic issues. we schedule a C-section on August 25Th.

On August 25Th, we arrived at the hospital at 5:00 AM and got prep for the surgery, the whole morning I was so anxious and very excited to welcome our baby boy into the world. At 7:00 we went into the OR and at 7:26 Malachi Uriah Bonner was born and Yahosh was jumping up in down and screaming so i knew that he was ok. Malachi was a great blessing to our life he was 6.7 ounces and 21 inches and very healthy. we tooked him home 2 days later and since then he has been the best that happened to the both of us. he is very handsome and we are so glad that we have him in our life.
Vanessa, you won't know who I am, but I knew Yahosh back in jr high very well. (although at that time i knew him by a different name) We lived across the street and we played jr high ball together. It's so good to see you both doing so well. Congratulations on the birth of your son! He looks really healthy and happy.
ReplyDeleteAh! "Elder" Bonner! Your little family is beautiful! I am going to have to show my mom your blog so she and Granny can keep tabs on you guys! We miss you!
ReplyDeleteah Yahosh, I am so excited that your wife started this and I am so sad I never got to meet her. I am so glad to see that everything is working out for you both and wish you a great year with that cute new baby of yours. Vanessa I wish you the best and hope to meet you and your baby at a SLCC reunion one day.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for the comments! Sorry we have started and stopped. But we are gonna try and be better!!! This is yahosh right now. Zacc we had good times back in the day with Coach Downs! @ Tammy! I miss my family back in Florida so much! Tell every one hello for me and my wife and boy! @Tela! I cant wait for an SLCC Reunion! That year at SLCC Was Tight! You will meet my son and wife soon enough!:)
ReplyDelete